Sunday, 12 June 2011

Newbie!

So I'm completely new to everything it seems.. I've just finished most of my Masters course (just the dissertation to go; fingers crossed) and I've been thrust into the world of job hunting.  I'm not really one for blogging either.  I've dabbled, of course, but I've never stuck at it.  Hopefully this will be the exception!

I've set up this blog as part of CPD23 which sounds like an excellent idea.  Basically, each week I'll try out one or two tools as described in the CPD23 blog and then I'll write about my experience here.  The idea is that I'll learn some new things and improve on what I already know and as a complete newbie to the professional world of librarianship I'm guessing there's going to be a lot to learn!  Since plenty of other people will be trying this too, I hope that I can learn from their experiences as well.

I guess I should explain the name of my blog... I chose it because Techno music is a blend of old and new, combining styles such as funk and electric jazz with 'futuristic' themes.  That is exactly how I personally like libraries to be.  I love the old fashioned walls of books and traditional service, but I'm also fascinated by how the web and new technology can complement this and help make sure libraries remain relevant today and in the future.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm a fellow cpd23'er. As part of 'Thing 2' I thought I'd take the time to say I really like the name of your blog and the explanation behind it - I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Techno Librarian
    Keep at it! I reckon it'll be hard for lots of us to remember to do this, but in the long run it'll be worth it.
    Good luck with the dissertation and the job hunting, both are time consuming (don't I know it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya - I like the name of your blog, and I am similarly interested in how new technologies can benefit libraries - looking forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! I personally don't like techno music :-P but I think that what you write perfectly fits the core of our profession. Mix of future and past, tradition and innovation, technology in an everlasting change. I love this "picture"; I talk about these topics in my blog as well, for my italian fellows.
    Hope to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete