Friday, 1 June 2012

Thing 5: Reflective Practice

As you can see, I didn't get very far with CPD23 last year but I thought I'd give it another go this time round and I'm picking up where I left off: with Thing 5. I'm hoping that I'll have a lot more motivation now, given that I've finished my degree and I'm working towards Chartership. With no dissertation to use as an excuse and Chartership as a driving force then maybe I'll manage to crack on with it. Anyway, enough rambling. It's time for some reflective practice. I think that the amount of time that has passed since I completed the first 4 'Things' probably somewhat degrades the usefulness of reflecting on the experience, but I think it will be a good way to recap what I have already learned and hopefully identify how I can motivate myself to carry on. Just reading through my last post has reminded me how useful Twitter and RSS feeds can be. After the initial burst of interest in using them my enthusiasm waned somewhat so it has been good to reignite that curiosity. Professionally both of these tools could be really useful, especially as one of the aims of my PPDP is to network with other members of the profession and build up some contacts. Twitter in particular could also be very useful in the workplace. We are in the process of setting up an account for the library at the moment and I want to have the experience of what works and what doesn't with my own account when it comes to posting on behalf of the library. It's funny that I haven't forgotten much of what I learned from Thing 4, I just lost enthusiasm. I think this reinforces what I already knew about my issues with self motivation. I'm just going to have to be very strict if I'm going to get this done. I can see now that ignoring my blog for weeks and then doing several posts all in one go is just not sensible. I didn't have the time to action everything I said I was going to and the longer I left it between posts the harder it became to find the time to catch up. So, what have I learned? That I'm lazy! How can I fix it? I guess I'm just going to have to set aside some time each week to write this blog and make sure I keep it up. I have no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment